AL East: Balt +8.5 over NYY
AL Cent: KC +0.5 over Det; +4.5 over Cleve
AL West: LAA +4.5 over Oak
AL Wild Card
NL East: Wash +7.0 over Atl
NL Cent: StL +1.0 over Milw; +3.0 over Pgh
NL West: LAD +2.0 over SF
NL Wild Card
If the season ended tonight (it doesn't), this would be the standings in the Extra Reserve Contest (counting only Division winners (6) and Wild Card qualifiers (4)):
5 correct: Pigs, Bees, Tweeners
4 correct: Drillers, Buckeyes, Rhinos, Mavs, FFTs
3 correct: Goofs, Zaps
2 correct: Wahoos, DVs, SSW, Inmates, Fungi
- Nobody had the Brewers as either a division winner or a WC team.
- Only the Goofs picked the Orioles to win the AL East. The Wahoos and Zaps picked them to be a wild card, but unless they fail miserably, the Orioles will win the East. The Drillers picked the Yankees, who still have a chance. Everyone else picked either the Red Sox or the Rays.
- The Goofs are also the only team to pick the Royals to win the Central. Almost everybody else (not the Inmates or SSW) picked the Tigers, who obviously are still a good bet.
- The Baltimore/KC picks would be great for the Goofs, except they also picked the Rangers, Mets, and Diamondbacks to win their divisions, and the Phillies to be a WC. Oops.
- Everybody picked the Cards in the NL Central except the Goofs and SSW, who both picked the Reds. So nobody picked the Pirates to win the division, but several of us picked the Bucs as a WC.
- Eight of us have the Pirates, Braves, and Cardinals as a NL WC, and all are close.
* - The LAD/Wash game is not over, but I'm posting and then going to bed.