Saturday, May 16, 2015

Game Stories - Size Matters

You might have noticed... the recent game story write-up by the Mavman is, umm, long. It is unofficially a league record. MS Word tells me this "summary" of a 7-game series between two teams ***battling for the first pick is a whopping 2,156 words long. It, no doubt, took longer to write about the games than it did to play them. I went to two graduations this past week, and the two commencement speeches combined weren't this long. The post may contain questionable language - I don't know. I haven't finished it yet. But hey, it's published, so I hope you enjoy it.

For comparison, I checked the word count on some of the other recent posts. The Fungoes, always descriptive but concise, wrote 420 words describing his 6-1 series win over the Inmates. The Tweeners who, along with the Head Inmate, is my favorite NASOMA author, used 209 words to describe his 5-game series against the Fungoes. The Mavs' previous entry had been 1,441 words, but lest you think he was slacking off, that series was only 5 games long.

Oh, and the last Sidewinder game story? A mere 37 words long. When asked to comment on this post, the Snakeman replied, "Size is overrated. In my experience, writers who write too much are subconsciously trying to compensate for their shortcomings in other areas. It is my professional opinion that the Mavman has a small penis."



*** - I was kidding. Of course they aren't both battling for the first pick. The Buckeyes have already clinched that.

5 comments:

MavMan said...

No problem. We can do concise going forward.

Pigman said...

No! Don't stop! I bet there is not one single reader of this blog that wants you to stop. And I'm talking a LARGE base of readers numbering in the upper single digits.

Norm said...

MavMan - pay no attention to the porcine blogger behind the curtain. Your faithful readers demand more Ring Lardneresquenessing.

Fungoes said...

What Norm said! Though admittedly, I have no idea what he did say!!!

The Chief said...

MavMan, keep 'em coming. Pay no attention to his tooling on everyone for their posts. You have a loyal following.