Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trading Lesson #1 - A Cautionary Tale

Colonel Rhino: Hey, I could sure use J.J. Putz. He would make my team unbeatable. What would it take to get him?
FungoDude: How about two picks this year, your first three picks next year, AND I get to pick a reliever off your team next off season?
CR: But you can't take Putz back.
FD: Right, but I CAN take Joba Chamberlain.
CR: Deal.

(5 minutes later)
CR: Dang, even though I took Joba with the 4th pick in the draft, I can't see any way for him to make my team.
Pigman: Trade Joba to me!!!
CR: Whaddaya got?
P: Soiled boxers and Thin Mints.
CR: A whole box?!?
P: Half a box.
CR: Deal!

(5 minutes later)
FD: Boy, with all these picks next year and Joba Chamberlain, we could be great again!
CR: You have Joba Chamberlain?
FD: No, but I will have next year when I claim him off of your team.
CR: I traded him to the Warpigs for soiled boxers and a box of Thin Mints.
P: Half a box.
CR: Half a box.
FD: WTF!

(10 months later)
Chief Wahoo: Hey Colonel Rhino, would you trade me Brad Lidge for all of my draft picks for the next five years?
CR: Nah, that wouldn't be fair to the Fungoes.
CW: WTF!
FD: WTF!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice but he didn't yet have Joba when we made our deal. But I do understand the "soiled" feelings.

Fungoes

Anonymous said...

So its okay if the Rhinos deal me Okajima????

Anonymous said...

Also let the Chief know that I'll trade him Lidge for all of his draft picks!


Fungo-Dude

The Chief said...

If you end up with Lidge, gimme a call.

Anonymous said...

I will if, Like the story goes you'll trade me all of your draft picks! It must be so, I read it!

Fungo-Dude