Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Tale of Two Leagues

In the I-75 league that Garth has a team in (and is the 2-time defending champ), they allow in-season trades. IP/AB are carried over, and there's a trade deadline... but imagine the screaming that would go on in NASOMA if this trade happened:

Team A gets Cody Ross, Josh Phelps, Moises Alou, and J.J. Putz

Team B gets Jason Bay, Dioner Navarro, and Shawn Marcum

Team A is in a pennant race and just picked up FOUR playoff stud cards. Team B will miss the playoffs and needed to improve for next year.

Apparently the guys in I-75 love these trades, and I can see how it could help a team load up for the post season and a down and out team get some ammunition for the next season... but if I'm in the pennant race with Team A, I'm ticked.

2 comments:

Patrick Shannon said...

I mean, seriously, can you imagine the whining and crying from teams in our league the first time the Warpigs or Buckeyes picked up FOUR playoff studs with only two months left in the season? Especially if all it cost was three guys from their taxi squad.

Then again, it would be a great way to rebuild.

And by the way, Garth's team was Team B in that trade.

The Chief said...

As I've said before, the Pigs deserve some credit with this team. The 2 titles the SGP Warriors have won came with him directing drafts and helping steer trades.