Sunday, July 20, 2008

Games

The DVs gained a half game on the rest of the NERDD by going 4-3 against the Wahoos.

From the DVs...
I have no overly witty comments on the series. The Dog Days of the Season are upon us and the DV tank doesn't appear to have much octane left. Plus the Wahoo's Punch and Judy park and its station-to-station, limp dick style doesn't really fit the DVs basher bias.

From the Wahoos...
Not to sound like the Inmates, but the Wahoos outdid the DVs in everything but wins. We outhomered you in the 7 games. We outhit you. Pretty much outplayed you. I just wish you were in the BUD so I could have my shot at your weak ass a little more. I'd say "see you in the playoffs" but you'll be knocked out before I have a chance to even get there.

From the Pigman...
Yes, sometimes I fabricate a post-series quote or two, but this one is really from the Chief. And yes, he really said he'd like a shot at the DVs weak ass a little more.

More from the DVs...
Wow- the young Wahoo has a little spunk - I like it.
So if you count ballpark singles as 'hits', moving everyone along exactly 89 feet and 12 inches, then technically yes- you were very superior. The homer thing was odd in that Holliday and Lowell had chances at your cavernous park, then we move to my place and Morneau and one of your other LH slap hitters (can't remember which) hit 3 ballpark chances and didn't miss one. 'Rub of the green' is what we would call it on the links.
For your valiant (but still losing) effort I'll buy you a beer when I see you at the playoffs- don't forget your off season draft guide to read while you watch the rest of us play! Hehe.

(NASOMAspeak translation: "spunk" = "penis")

No comments: