Saturday, January 13, 2018

Checkmate

The Sidewinders clinched the 2018 NASOMA title today - a record for the earliest in the calendar year to win the Higdon.

The Snakes, who had wrapped up the 2018 AWD title about three years ago, went ahead and won the Higdon as well, with the clincher being another trade with the Wahoos.

Edwin Encarnacion
Roberto Osuna
David Dahl (on ground)
The Sidewinders sent reserve picks in 2018, 2019, and 2020, a 2nd round pick in 2019, a 1st round pick in 2020, and the rights to injured, uncarded minor leaguer David Dahl to the Wahoos. In return, the Sidewinders received reliever Roberto Osuna, Edwin Encarnacion, and pick 78.

"If I've learned anything," commented the Snakeman, "I've learned that there's always someone willing to give you their best players if you pile up enough shit to give in return. I mean, hell, I didn't give up a single damn thing from this year."

"To be honest," continued the Snakeman, "I was kinda irritated having only 7 of the best 8 relievers in the league. Now I have all of the top 8, which means I will not only win my third straight Higdon, but I can also get the plaque engraved for 2017 and 2018 in one trip. It's really just a time-saver for me."

Congratulations, Sidewinders, on the back-to-back-to-back titles.

No comments: