Wednesday, October 22, 2008

U2

In 2004, the Warpigs used a reserve pick to take B.J. Upton, and then later used a 12th round pick to select Chase Utley. They were going to be my U2 Double Play Combo for years to come.

Before 2005 started I had traded Utley to the DVs for Dewon Brazelton (I also convinced him to let me throw in a 9th round pick).
Before the 2007 season I threw the disappointing Upton into a deal with the Rhinos. I had to put on the hard sell to get him to let me include Upton in the deal.

[sigh]

Now they're both on the big stage in the 2008 World Series.

That would be the 2008 MLB World Series. They have yet to play in a NASOMA Series. Maybe one of them can this year.

3 comments:

The Chief said...

They'll both be in the nasoma series, too.

Patrick Shannon said...

Or flickin the bean

Anonymous said...

I think you also overlooked the fact that you traded Upton to me, and I traded him back to you before jettisoning him to the Rhinos.
Call it the DV touch, kind of like I have with 'my bean'