Sunday, March 02, 2008

NASOMAspeak

From the NASOMAspeak Dictionary...


“I’m playing for next year” means… I will be losing games as often as possible to secure the best possible draft position for next year, but I’ll do so in a subtle manner and pretend to be fed up with my team the whole time in order to pull off the illusion.


“I think we should go back to protecting 15” means… There must be some reason I can’t seem to get back to the playoffs. It can’t be me!


“Thanks for trading me damaged goods” means… Fuck the Pigs.


“The Inmates should win the MFD” means… The Buckeyes will win the MFD.


(related entry) “If I don’t win the MFD this year, I never will” means… I will never win the MFD.


“All I need is bullpen, so I’ll be taking relievers with my first five picks” means… I am only three deep at shortstop; that’s a problem.


“My wife has no problem with me spending time doing Strat” means… I am a liar.


“My wife has me on an allowance” means… My wife has me on an allowance.


“I’m just flickin’ the bean” means… I flew all the way from Tulsa to go 1-4?!?


“I’ll do a better job of getting my games played this year” means… It is March.


“Has anybody heard from the [fill in team name here] in the last couple of months?” means… It is October.


“Well, if I had to lose the Series, I’m glad it was to you” means… Fuck the Pigs.

No comments: