Sunday, July 29, 2007

The FFTS try to make a trade...

The following is excerpted from a series of emails. I hope you enjoy it.

HEAD INMATE: Inmates trade Bay, Giles, and the Inmate 2008 6th rounder to the FFTs for the 2008 FFt 3rd rounder, the DVs 2008 3rd rounder, and the Pigs 2008 3rd rounder.


Pigman: the ffts do not own two of those picks. the dv 3rd belongs to the dvs. and the fft 3rd belongs to the wahoos.

FFTs: Was accurate, sorry to be the party pooper.
Me and the Mates made a biggie tonight.
My third, your third, DV's third to the Inmates for J. Bay, B. Giles and the
inmates 6th.
At least you know why I was hunting what draft picks I owned at the time.
then dummy here read all the trades I made and I had the DV's 4th and he had
his 3rd back.
so, here is the amended trade with the Inmates due to my stupidity.
Terry's 3rd, Rick's third, and the worst 2nd round pick of the DV's and Pigs to Inmates
for J. Bay, B. Giles, and Inmates 6th.

I told the Pigs, My bad, his gain.

Thank goodness we have someone who is on top of things, that being the
WarPigs.

Pigman: okay, but terry's third belongs to the wahoos.

FFTs: Well, Shit.
Dear Inmates, according to the chart, you are now the proud owner of
the
Pigs 2nd and 3rd, and the DV's 3rd.
Hell, if I misread much more, you be in the first round.
and if you feel real bad for me, let me have your 5th instead of the
6th.
or maybe an 8th with the 6th, or hell, whatever.
Steve, at least now you know why the hell I was asking for a chart from Rick.
rest of you, once the Inmates confirm,
I will try and get a valid trade in print to you.
Crap, I hate getting old.

Pigman:
i hate like hell to have to point this out, but you
don't own the dv third either.

here's what you (the ffts) own in the first four
rounds prior to this trade with the inmates:
1st round: FFT1
2nd round: FFT2, WRP2, DV2
3rd round: WRP3
4th round: FFT4, DV4

i'm attaching the grid again.

FFTs: I say screw it, it is obvious I am not ever going to get this straight.

Pigman: since you had agreed to sending him three third round picks, maybe you can change it to a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th. he might see that as a fair alternative.

FFTs: Problem is that I was looking at the damn chart and knew I didn't have the
DV 3rd, so instead of typing warpig, typed DV.
I don't even know why I try.

here, post this,
FFT's give up WP #2, DV #2, WP #2 to Inmates
for
Jason Bay, Brian Giles, and Inmates #6.

I think I got it correct this time.

hell, it don't matter which picks, cause I told Steve I was willing to pay for Bay and Giles. but that I wanted to keep my own picks so I could keep things straight, did a fine job of that I reckon.

If the above is still not something I own, just shoot my ass.

NOW, YOU MAY NOTICE HERE THAT THE DEAL STILL ISN'T CORRECT, AS IT LISTS THE WARPIG 2ND ROUNDER TWICE. I HATED TO POINT IT OUT AT THE TIME SINCE I KNEW WHAT HE MEANT. PLUS, I DIDN'T WANT TO SHOOT HIS ASS. HE GOT IT RIGHT IN THE NEXT EMAIL.

FFTs: Found the Inmates,
and told him what I had sent you.
he gives Bay, B. Giles, and his 6th
and
I'll give the actual draft choices I own, assuming I can type them in
correctly
but I hope I have your 2 and 3, and the DV's 2 and that will be that.

As I told Steve, teach me to make a deal at 11 PM at night while
watching
Steven Segal movie on cable.
LOL.

FFTs: At least the Inmates got a good laugh.
even said maybe we just ought to start from scratch,
and he might end up with your and Bryan's #1 picks that I don't have.
haha

No comments: