Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rules Suggestions

As for drafting or not drafting uncarded players, I have no agenda either way. Keeping the status quo is fine by me.

However, setting deadlines for playing games, reporting results, and turning in stats needs to be a priority (in my opinion).

I suggest we do this: Set deadlines this year, but hold off on any kind of consequences. If enough of the deadlines are not met, we can institute some sort of consequences for the 2009 season.

Deadlines proposed earlier:
end of March, at least 20 games played
end of April, 35 games
end of May, 50
end of June, 75
end of July, 100
end of August, 120
end of September, 140
end of October, 162
Thanksgiving weekend, final stats submitted

An important part of this is reporting your results in a timely manner. At the very minimum, both teams should report the results of a series as soon as they finish it. That would keep us from having a team at 35 games one minute and 105 the next (unless they actually sat down and played 70 games in one day). So instead of just saying, "The Tweeners are currently 34-34," you would just send emails every time you play that said things like, "Tweeners went 2-3 vs Snakes and 3-2 vs Bees today." Theoretically, I would also get emails from the Snakes and the Bees reporting the same results. Then I could just keep adjusting everyone's records as we go.

What I think would be great is if you (or I) did a short write-up on Big Innings after you play games. Like this:

BUCKEYES DOMINATE INMATES
The GP Buckeyes swept a 5-game series in Waco this weekend to up their record for the year to 63-12. Luke Scott led the way for the Buckeyes, going 18/25 in the series. Mark Buehrle threw two shutouts. Said losing Inmate manager Steve Hart, "I don't understand it. We outscored him for the series and still managed to lose all 5 games." The Inmates dropped to 22-5o.

Anyway, those are my suggestions. Part of the problem in the past is we have not had deadlines. Maybe if we have them, we can try to meet them. And if things go better this year, then consequences will never be needed. If we still have teams not playing games/reporting results/doing stats, we will be better suited to initiate consequences next year.

1 comment:

Norm said...

I vote aye. And I would be OK with imposing some consequences beginning this year.