Saturday, October 07, 2017

The All-Knowing Pig Oracle

Back on June 6, we here at Big Innings gave everyone a sneak-peek at what the final standings would be. I believe it's time to see how we did...

Buckeyes - I predicted they would win 108 and secure the #1 seed. They did get the top seed, but managed to outdo my prediction by 7, winning 115. Missed by 7.

Inmates - My June prediction had the Inmates winning 101 and getting a bye. The fell 3 wins short of that, and missed out on the #2 seed, settling instead for the #3 seed. Missed by 3.

Sidewinders - I had them winning 98. They won 101. Missed by 3.

Wahoos - I correctly predicted they would win the BUD and get the #4 seed. They won 91, not the 94 I predicted. Missed by 3.

Rhinos - Nailed it. 98 wins was the prediction and the final result. Called it.

Fungoes - I predicted the Fungoes would be the #6 seed, and sure enough, they are. I did have them winning 97, but they slumped to 90 to just barely hang onto the last wild card spot. Missed by 7.

FFTs - I predicted 88 wins. They got 88 wins. Called it.

DVs - I predicted 86 wins. They got 88. Missed by 2.

Mavs - I thought the Mavs would win only 83, but they finished strong to get 89 wins and almost slide into the playoffs. Missed by 6.

Skyscrapers - My formula put the New Yorkers at 81 wins. They won 80. Missed by 1.

Drillers - I predicted the Drillers to win 80, but I forgot to include the "tanking" factor. They won 75. Missed by 5.

Warpigs - Prediction: 59. Actual wins: 62. Missed by 3.

Tweeners - I predicted 56 wins; they won 62. Missed by 6.

Goofs - Prediction: 55; Actual: 55. Called it.

Bees & Nads - I had them tying for the worst record with 54 wins. Instead, they tied for the worst record with 52 wins. Missed both by 2.

I correctly called the 6 playoff teams and the 4 division winners. I didn't miss any predictions by more than 7, was within 3 wins on 11 teams, and nailed 3 of them exactly. Maybe even more amazingly, I predicted a tie for the first draft pick and hit it on the head. I'm gonna call the June predictions a success.

2 comments:

Fungoes said...

I salute the fact that you are an over the top perveyor of NASOMA picks, and, based upon the prolificity with which you nailed so many end of season standings......this Bud is for you, Mr. NASOMA final standings picker!



Go Fungoes!

The Chief said...

Nice work!