Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Seth

From the Driller Dude...

On Seth's recent tournament trip to Georgetown, we took the team to see a
Round Rock Express game. We sat on the outfield berm behind the visiting
Albuquerque Isotopes bullpen.

As I scanned the pen for recognizable names, I noticed "Etherton" wearing
the number 8. I hollered down to him, "Hey eight, your first name is Seth,
right?" He told me yes. So I explained to him, in order for me and my wife
to agree to a name for our second kid, it would need to be the name of a
major league baseball player. Since he was with the Tigers at the time,
Seth became an agreeable name to both of us. I then called my kid Seth over
to the wall, introduced him to his "namesake", and asked for an autograph.
He agreed, I handed him a pen and Seth's game hat. We're now proud owners
of a "Seth Etherton 8" autographed Lewisville Mustang hat! The rest of the
Mustang team was impressed, became Isotope fans, and are hoping to see
Etherton's name on a Dodger jersey soon!

3 comments:

DVs said...

I once had a dog that I named "DAMMIT" after a Stratomatic pitcher on my team of the same name.....

Anonymous said...

Seth Etherton thinks "Note to self, carry taser and pepper spray when in Texas...."

Anonymous said...

Go Dodgers.
fft